Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Hello, world!

Hi, I'm a civil engineering student in my senior year with an emphasis on transportation and a minor in city and regional planning. I originally hail from the New York metropolitan area but am quite comfortable in the Bay Area for now.

I'm interested in information technology and public policy. I'm currently working with Professor Waddell in the Urban Analytics Lab. I've been the general manager of the Open Computing Facility, a student organization that operates a web hosting service and computer lab, for the past six semesters. I've co-facilitated the Unix system administration DeCal twice. I also worked in a DevOps role at a startup, Kloudless, for two years.

5 comments:

  1. Hi Dara,
    Excited to see what you bring to the class this semester with your background and experience! Good thing you're not in New York this time of year!

    Asad

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dara,

    You have a lot of experience. Your resume must look amazing. I'm excited to see what you have to contribute.

    Connor

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Dara,

    I interned at Autodesk last summer and worked with many software architects. They are mostly from a civil engineering background but do tremendous job on shaping the software quality at the company. I have my full respect for them being articulate about crafting their work.

    I look forward to your new thoughts on the patent war topic!

    Cheers

    Rae

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dara,

    Good to hear about your achievements. I look forward to getting to know you better through this class and share ideas

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Dara, it's great to see you in this class. I absolutely love the Open Computing Facility. Thank you for running it so well. I look forward to interacting with you throughout the semester!

    ReplyDelete